Potter Class, This Week’s Learning.
28/06/21– Reminders for the Week.
- Sports day for Potter class WEDNESDAY, 2.30- 3.00 on the school field. You may take your child home once our events have finished. Please see Do Jo Message with regards to Covid safety measures in place for the event. Please ensure you child has suitable PE clothes on all day and their team colour T-Shirt.
- This week all children who are school dinner will need to tell us on arrival to school if they would like the main meal, a jacket potato or the vegetarian option from the menu. We would be grateful if you could discuss this before they come to school to assist with a smooth register.
- PE- please wear PE kit to school on Monday and Thursday this week.
- Water bottles will stay in class Monday to Friday (we will refresh daily) and be sent home Friday.
- If you send in a snack, please ensure it is either fruit or vegetable.
- Sun hats and water bottles are recommended this week please (sun cream applied at home would be perfect).
Personal, Social and Emotional Development (PSED):
This week we will be developing our awareness of the importance of resilience.
Communication and Language (CL):
We will be talking about where dinosaurs used to live.
Physical Development (PD):
Mr Digby will be teaching P.E. on Thursday this week. We will be starting our ‘Athletics’ progression of lessons, which will develop our skills in preparation for Sports day. We will also begin some balancability sessions on the newly acquired balance bikes.
We will continue with dough disco to exercise our writing muscles.
We will also be building up to completing the daily mile.
In our streamed phonics groups, we will continue to focus on segmenting and blending sounds to read words, and for some children, sentences.
In English this week we will be reading ‘Crunch Munch, dinosaur lunch’. We will be spotting capital letters and full stops in the text and acting out the story to develop our knowledge of character dialogue.
Maths (N/ S, S & M):
We will be solving real life problems linked to measures. We will be making biscuits, measuring dinosaur length using non-standard units, and doubling the length of a model dinosaur legs.
Knowledge and Understanding of the World (KUTW):
We will be thinking about where dinosaurs used to live, thinking about how we know and making our own dinosaur fossils with clay.
Expressive Art and Design (EAAD):
We will be making some dinosaur fossils with clay.
Characteristics of Effective Learning.
Our main aim is to encourage, nurture and lead every individual child’s ‘Sandhurst’ journey through play.