Sandhurst Primary School Ethos
At Sandhurst Primary School, children come first and our priority is to deliver high quality teaching and learning whilst at the same time providing rich and truly enjoyable learning experiences for our community of children. Everything we do as a school is to ensure that the children achieve their very best. We are deeply aware that children only get one chance at their primary education and it is our job to ensure that they all reach for the highest levels of personal achievement and development. We want every child to be successful; to reach for success from the very first day they join us and throughout their school lives so that when they leave us, they have a love of learning for the rest of their lives.
At Sandhurst Primary School we will strive to:-
- Provide a happy, safe and stimulating environment that is conducive to all children having the opportunity to reach their full potential.
- Have regard and respect for the experiences, knowledge and cultural diversity that every child brings to school and use this as a foundation for improving standards.
- Value the achievements of all children, both in and out of school and provide opportunities to develop self-confidence and a positive self image.
- Provide a supportive culture in which everyone is encouraged to extend, develop and share their expertise.
- Ensure that issues of equal opportunities are considered in all our work.
- Provide a ‘topic-themed’ style of learning based on both the Primary National and Foundation Stage Curriculum that is broad, balanced, relevant, progressive and appropriately differentiated.
- Offer all children equal access to the curriculum and school life, in a close-knit community where individual differences are appreciated, celebrated, understood and accepted.
- Encourage children to become good citizens, by developing caring attitudes and respect towards themselves, other children and adults, both in school and the local community.
- Recognise that children are constantly developing and ensure that the curriculum offered to them is appropriate to their development.
- Encourage each individual to take responsibility for his/her behaviour and to act as an outstanding role model to others.
Sandhurst Primary School Values
These values are taught everyday throughout our school and within the extra curricular activities that take place.
We want each child to enjoy their learning in a happy environment and be confident to become a resilient, independent learner who thrives on challenges and solving problems in the real world. Our children really will become children of the future and we will give them an inspirational learning journey; a journey where their learning has no limits. We want all our children to : Aim High and Be Happy.