Get Set 4 PE is an inspiring, active and progressive scheme of work we use at Sandhurst Primary for our PE lessons. Get Set 4 PE has a vision which enables all children, no matter what age or ability, to thrive in Physical Education and to enjoy utilising and using their physical environment. Get Set 4 PE gives children the best chance at enjoying and succeeding in their PE lessons because the scheme provides the resources required for the lessons, has challenge points for those thriving in their lessons and also has an assessment folder to ensure children are assessed accurately according to the National Curriculum. In our PE lessons :
- Children and adults are engaged and take part in 2 one hour lessons a week
- We wear appropriate PE kit (depending on the weather) and remove or cover jewellery
- We take part in “Mile A Day” to ensure we are keeping active on non-PE days
- We always have an adult to lead and support the lesson.
- Adults leading from the Get Set 4 PE scheme
- We have a fully resourced lesson with the appropriate equipment
- We always start with a warm up and cool down to finish
- Questions are asked from the adult leading the session to ensure children are engaged and understanding
- Appropriate differentiation and support for SEND children is provided
- We have many happy, active children giving all the tasks a go!
- “I love being outside to learn new skills.” (Year 3)
- “Working with your friends is so much fun!” (Year 1)
- “I like it when we use the apparatus in gymnastics.” (Year 4)
- “Playing with my friends is fun!” (Year R)
- “I like being able to learn new skills in different sports.” (Year 5)
At Sandhurst Primary School we enjoy participating in a range of inter-school competitions, tournaments and matches in our local area. We ensure we give children of all abilities and ages the chance to partake in these opportunities to represent the school, engage with children from other schools and to gain confidence and skills in new sports. At the time of wrinting in the 2022/23 academic year, we have taken part in a Year 6 football tournament, a Year 3 netball tournament, taken Year 4s to a hockey tournament and we plan on attending several more events throughout the year.
Sports Day is something all staff and children enjoy. Sports Day is planned to ensure children of all abilities within their year group to get a chance at taking part in different sporting activities. Stickers and points are given out to all children throughout the day and one team takes the cup at the end of the day!
This year we have achieved a Bronze School Games mark last year which is fantastic! We will continue our local school competitions, teaching PE twice a week to ensure we are covering the National Curriculum and also organize intra-school events which will lead us to another Bronze.